International Shakuhachi Society Logo

The International Shakuhachi Society

Nyûi Getsuei

乳井月影

1833 - 1898

Shakuhachi

Kimpû ryû (錦風流) was originally located in Hirosaki in northern Honshû. It was officially founded by Nyûi Getsuei (乳井月影, 1833-1898) in 1883, but traces its lineage back to Kurihara Kimpû (栗原錦風), a komusô active in Edo during the early 1800s.

From Dr. Riley Lee's PhD thesis YEARNING FOR THE BELL; a study of transmission in the shakuhachi honkyoku tradition. 1992 University of Sydney

Students


The International Shakuhachi Society - 2018